Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Light Poetry


I went running today at dusk and it was the most beautiful light I've seen yet in Amsterdam--looked like fire. Look:



It made me think of:


i go to this window

i go to this window
just as day dissolves
when it is twilight(and
looking up in fear

i see the new moon
thinner than a hair)

making me feel
how myself has been coarse and dull
compared with you, silently who are
and cling
to my mind always

But now she sharpens and becomes crisper
until i smile with knowing
-and all about
herself

the sprouting largest final air

plunges
inward with hurled
downward thousands of enormous dreams

ee cummings

6 comments:

Unknown said...

that is gorgeous!!! meanwhile i went to Calgary for thanksgiving with minus 10 degrees! - in the daytime!!!! hahahah but it was still a good weekend.

can't wait for you to come backkkk, just come back now, to pita bread and grapes...heheee

talk to you soon again

t :)

Cathy said...

Tanaz stop trying to beat me at stalking Theresa. You already get to see her when she's back on our continent eating pita and grapes with you, you don't have to rub it in.

Haha sorry that was a little belligerent. But anyway, it's true, the photos are incredible.

xo

Pod said...

I love you both and miss you soooo muchh

rungloriarun said...

wow, ee cummings is far more sophisticated than the radiohead lyrics i was thinking of when i saw your photo...

Elena said...

Hi Theresa,

Sorry, I've been slow to get here, but I'm here now. I read your earlier posts, but I love them even more with the beautiful pics of Amsterdam!!!

I love the day best at dusk - in fact, this summer, when the weather was a lot lot nicer, i would go cycling out in the prairie outside Madison, until the sun set. Now it is freezing cold here and will stay that way until April. What's the weather like in Amsterdam?

Keep posting the lovely pics. Keep writing!

here's a transatlantic hug, :) :)
Elena

Pod said...

* trans-Atlantic hugs to all *