Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Amsterdam--the first few weeks in photos

Here is a photo diary of things that have happened since I've been in Amsterdam--this way I get to feed my new addiction of uploading pictures AND I don't have to write about them! Enjoy!


1) Melissa and I arrive with shittons of stuff in front of random De Key office and have to wait two hours outside in the rain with the shittons.




2) ISN introduction happens and I don't sleep for a week





3) Trip to Brussels and Bruges with Melissa, Steve, Jake, Dave, Olivia, Rushmila, Elon, and Jenn













2) Emily, Rosita, Raquel, Caroline, and Melissa visit and we go on a wonderful countryside bike tour and then out for a wonderful birthday dinner
















4) I get to go on a boat ride thanks to my friend John from NYU!




5) Alykhan visits (he is working at the Hague) and visits again.



6) So I also visited Alykhan at the Hague--I went for the weekend so I didn't get to go inside the Peace Palace, where he works, but I DID see the inside of his amazing house. I pretty much did not leave, nor did I want to leave, the whole weekend. The night we were supposed to go out I changed into my pajamas and sat on the couch watching TV under a blanket to avoid going out. We went out anyway. It was the first time I've been in a real house since I've been here and I loved it. The day after I was a shut-in we did a compulsory bike tour around the Hague (saw the outside of the PP at least), ran some errands for Aly, and then we went to Zara. Alykhan knows me well (A: Where do you want to go?...Zara?...Do you want to go in? Me: I'd be OK with that *already locking up the bike*). I kind of love the Hague. Anyways, here are some pictures of his gorgeous living accommodation, courtesy of Allison Muth:





6 comments:

Becky said...

you are such a pretty pocket!

Emily said...

I MISS YOU TINGS! You and your Zara purchases...

Unknown said...

Nice pictures!!!! hehee

miss you - good luck on exams!

t :)

Unknown said...

did you buy anything at zara?

Pod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie 716A said...

yo theresita,

i'm finally commenting on the blog! nice pics. i love them. they always exude your fun and carefree attitude to life, and the living in the moment thing.

k i'll stop going all psychologist on you, hope you're feeling better (it's been over a month -ish, since you've had P1G1 flu symptoms), probably am, am i right or am i right? xo

so this past sunday i came back from my sis' grad ceremony in Edinburgh, had transfers at Schipol intl airport during the flight over. i like their food and snacks.. and those colourful wooden tulips that were like $2.50 euros each, and i forgot to buy one. le sigh.

i do like that picture below, the one with the houses on fire. that's insanely awesome and mesmerizing.

miss you, come back soon.

big hugs, xoxo